Spaceship model is done. Here are a few renders of the final textured model.
I modeled everything in Houdini. I used Houdini’s poly modeling tools to build everything and create UDIM UV sets. I used procedural approach in a few areas like inside the cockpit where there is a panel with lots of buttons. It would have been very hard to place every single one of those buttons there. But Houdini being procedural makes things like that very easy to do.
Once everything done I exported the model to Substance Painter for texturing.
In Substance Painter I textured the whole ship using UDIMs. A few places were a bit tricky because Substance Painter doesn’t allow painting across UDIM’s at this point. For the hull I used quite a few layers to create different kind of panels. Everyting textured I exported the textures back to Houdini where I rendered the final images.